Look out for our Outreach team at events and venues throughout the year. Our pop up museum will be showcasing items from the museum collection along with fun activities for all the family.
We offer workshops and talks for adult community groups, adult learners, and family learning groups. The outreach workshops involve handling real museum objects, as well as a range of art and craft activities.
Photo of an Outreach session with Stockbridge Cubs
The sessions are delivered at your own venue and can be tailored to meet the needs of your group.
Here is some feedback from some of our Outreach workshops:
Wellesley Court Live at Home Scheme – ‘it was a very fun informative session which exceeded expectations which was enjoyed by everyone’.
Turning Point learning disabilities group – ‘thank you so much for coming to our group and running the session. The residents really loved it and are looking forward to visiting the museum!’
Basingstoke Mencap youth club – ‘the session was very informative and a great way to engage our group for young people with learning disabilities’.
Ashbourne Court care home – 'it was excellent, and Dan was fantastic with the residents.'
A resident from Roman Lodge Nursing Home in Basingstoke
The Army Flying Museum needs help with our project to knit a soldier for our next community display in our Apache Cafe.
We are inviting people to help knit a troop of mini soldiers. The knitted soldiers will go on parade in 2020. You can either use the 1940s pattern which you can download here, or you are welcome to create your own or use other pattern. The deadline is 31st May 2020.
Finally, if you are interested in hosting our pop up museum at your events or would like an outreach session at your venue please get in touch with our Outreach Officer. Outreach@armyflying.com
Events we will be attending
* Hedge End Library (10am- 12) Chandlers Ford Library (1-4pm) -17 February 2020
* Winchester Discovery Centre (1-4pm) - 18 February 2020
* Sea City Museum, Southampton - 19 February 2020
* Stubbington Library (10am-1pm) - 20th February 2020
* Eastleigh Library (2pm -4pm) - 20 February 2020
* Fordingbridge Library - (from 2.30pm onwards) - 11 March 2020
* Lymington Library- (11am-3pm) - 6th April 2020
* Totton Library - (12-4pm) - 9 April 2020
* Fareham Library- (10am-4pm) - 15 April 2020
*Ringwood Library- (10am-4pm) - 16 April 2020
* Lee-On-The-Solent (High Street), Gosport - VE75 commemorations - 9 May 2020
* Romsey Library - (10am-1pm) - 29 May 2020
* Gosport Discovery Centre - (10am - 1pm) - 30 May 2020
* Armed Forces Day, Gang Warily Recreation Centre, Fawley, Southampton. (11am - 4pm) - 20 June 2020
* Portsmouth Armed Forces Day, Southsea Common - 27 June 2020
* Portsmouth Kite Festival, Southsea Common - 8 and 9 August 2020
* Littleton Summer Fete, Winchester - 5 September 2020
* Longstock Fete (10am-5pm) - 12 and 13 September 2020