Look out for our Outreach team at events and venues throughout the year. Our pop up museum will be showcasing items from the museum collection along with fun activities for all the family.
We offer workshops and talks for adult community groups, adult learners, and family learning groups. The outreach workshops involve handling real museum objects, as well as a range of art and craft activities. The sessions are delivered at your own venue and can be tailored to meet the needs of your group.
‘As part of ‘Project Eagle’ which the Army Flying Museum is currently undertaking we are inviting community groups and individuals from across Hampshire and Wiltshire to help knit and crochet poppies for the museum’s community spot light display in the Apache café.
Contributions from different community groups are welcome to help fill the exhibition case which is on prominent display to visitors visiting both the museum and café. You can download the pattern here.
If you are interested in hosting our pop up museum at your events or would like an outreach session at your venue please get in touch with our Outreach Officer. Outreach@armyflying.com
Events we will be attending
* Harnham Community Centre Family Fun Day - 26 July
* Middle Wallop Families Day, Middle Wallop Community Centre - 31 July
* Bishopdown Community Centre Family Day - 1 August
* STEM Roadshow, D-Day Story, Gosport - 13 August
* Winchester Military Museums Family Activities - 14 August
* Augusta Park Community Centre Families Day - 20 August
* Winchester Military Museums Family Activities - 21 August
* Bemerton Heath Community Centre Family Day - 22 August
* Army Aviation Centre Families Day, AAC Base - 31 August
* Heritage Open Day, Great Hall, Winchester - 14 & 15 September
* History Festival, Tidworth Leisure Centre - 2 November
* Veterans Drop-In session, Salisbury Medical Centre - 4 November