Look out for our Outreach team at events and venues throughout the year. Our pop up museum will be showcasing items from the museum collection along with fun activities for all the family.
We offer workshops and talks for adult community groups, adult learners, and family learning groups. The outreach workshops involve handling real museum objects, as well as a range of art and craft activities. The sessions are delivered at your own venue and can be tailored to meet the needs of your group.
‘As part of ‘Project Eagle’ which the Army Flying Museum is currently undertaking we are inviting community groups and individuals from across Hampshire and Wiltshire to help knit and crochet poppies for the museum’s community spot light display in the Apache café.
Contributions from different community groups are welcome to help fill the exhibition case which is on prominent display to visitors visiting both the museum and café. You can download the pattern here.
If you are interested in hosting our pop up museum at your events or would like an outreach session at your venue please get in touch with our Outreach Officer. Outreach@armyflying.com
Events we will be attending
* Gosport Gallery (Old Local Studies building) - 29 October 2019
* Thorney Island Garrison Army families afternoon - 30 October 2019
* History Festival, Tidworth Leisure Centre - 2 November 2019
* Veterans Drop-In session, Salisbury Medical Centre - 4 November 2019
* Sea City Museum, Southampton - 19 February 2020
* Lee-On-The-Solent (High Street), Gosport - VE75 commemorations - 9th May 2020
* Portsmouth Armed Forces Day, Southsea Common - 27 June 2020
* Andover Carnival, Vigo Park - 19 July 2020
* Portsmouth Kite Festival, Southsea Common - 8 and 9 August 2020
* Littleton Summer Fete, Winchester - 5 September 2020