Learning at the Army Flying MuseumComing Soon: Zoom sessions with our Learning & Communities Officer
Our Learning and Communities Officer will be offering fun and curriculum linked Zoom sessions for schools. Please get in touch if you would like to give your pupils the opportunity to learn more about our collections.
Our Learning Officer can be contacted at: email@example.com. If you receive an out-of-office message, please follow the instructions it contains, and your enquiry will be answered by another member of our team.
We will be offering Zoom sessions on:
- The Life of a First World War Pilot
- Glider Pilots of the Second World War
- Fun Introduction to aircraft in the museum – Key Stage 1
- Pilot in Peril. The science of flight and survival – Key Stage 2
The museum is currently closed until further notice but below is an outline of our education sessions, which will be bookable via our Learning officer once we are able to reopen.
Brand New Museum! Brand New Sessions!
Looking for a fantastic place to bring your pupils? Look no further than the Army Flying Museum. Our recent successful HLF bid has meant we have been able to invest in engaging new activities and facilities for our school groups. The history of our collection stretches right back to Victorian times and the museum is the perfect place to learn about the heritage and science of aircraft and flight. Our sessions include tours, handling objects, dressing up and stories from the archives. In particular we are very proud of our New STEAM sessions. Our Second World War and First World War handling collection have also been updated with brand new objects and activities so there has never been a better time to visit the museum.
- £5.00 per pupil (trips generally run from 10.00 -14.30 but can be tailor made on request)
- Sessions run by our dedicated Learning Officer and Volunteer team.
- Bespoke sessions on request
- Ample parking and dedicated learning space
- Sessions suitable for a range of ages and interests
- Shop stocked with fun pocket money priced items
These sessions are temporarily suspended until further notice but we hope to be able to offer them later on in 2020. They will be bookable via our Learning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.